Enacted on April 1, 2005
Revised on May 1, 2021
1. Personal Information Protection Policy
For the sake of our customers' peace of mind, all officers and employees act in compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, as well as other related laws and standards, in order to ensure the protection of all personal information handled by FANCL Group, which we vow to treat with the utmost care. Additionally, we will make continuous efforts to both maintain and improve our safekeeping of our customers' personal information.
2. On the Collection of Personal Information
FANCL Group's collection of personal information is conducted via fair and legal means. As a fundamental principle, we do not collect personal information other than what is provided directly by our customers, and there are instances in which we require customers under the age of 16 to obtain parental consent before sharing any personal information. FANCL Group collects customers' personal information at the following times:
- During the purchase of products and services, during the exchange of documents and other materials, at the time of customer inquiries and consultations, and at the time of use for other services provided by FANCL Group.
- When responding to monitoring requests, surveys, interviews, etc.
- When applying for or participating in various projects, events or campaigns sponsored by FANCL Group
- When applying for employment, etc.
3. On the Use of Personal Information
FANCL Group uses personal information collected from customers for the following purposes:
- For the shipping of products and materials, communications purposes, inquiries and questionnaires, the provision, research and development of various products and services, the creation of various statistics-related materials, and the recordkeeping of exchanged opinions and other consultation content.
- We may elect to send our customers information regarding each of FANCL Group's businesses, as well as any other information that may be of use.
- For customers who have registered as members at a store, we may provide the services described above jointly with the business operating the store.
- We record the calls we receive from our customers in order to improve the quality of our service and to continue providing services and products that will meet the expectations of our customers.
For inquiries on this matter, please contact our Help Desk at 0120-34-2222.
4. On the Management and Shared Use of Personal Information
Personal information collected from our customers via proper means will be centrally managed and shared within FANCL Group (which includes FANCL Corporation and Attenir Corporation). If there are any changes to the personal information registered by our customers, those changes will be reflected across each of FANCL Group's businesses. We will always emphasize preventive measures against the leakage, loss, destruction, falsification, and unauthorized access of this personal information, and will continue to take the appropriate safety measures that are necessary to continually improve our operations.
- Information Shared within FANCL Group
Name, address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, date of birth, gender, content of inquiry, etc.
- Scope of Joint Access
The scope of the users with joint access to the personal information managed by FANCL Group includes FANCL Corporation, Attenir Corporation, and the other corporations within Japan that comprise FANCL Group.
- Purpose of use
As described above (3. On the Use of Personal Information)
- Manager of Joint Access
5. On the Provision of Personal Information
FANCL Group will not disclose or provide personal information to third parties without the consent of the customer. However, personal information may be shared in the following instances.
- When the provision of personal information is required to carry out business between FANCL Group and partner corporations, contracted corporations, and group companies that have signed non-disclosure agreements with FANCL Group (for example, business involving the shipping of products, checking of credit cards with respective credit card companies, etc.)
- When faced with requests from public or government institutions such as the police
- When compelled by law
- When consent has been obtained from customers
6. On the Outsourcing of Personal Information
In order to provide our customers with the highest quality of service, there are times when we may outsource the handling of personal information. In these instances, we will establish a confidentiality agreement with the company to which this handling is being outsourced and proceed to inform and supervise the management of personal information to prevent leakages.
7. On the Disclosure, Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
If a customer requests that we disclosure their own personal information, we will do our best to comply with that customer's request. However, this does not apply when such requests are considered to result in harm to a customer's life, body, property, or other interests, or if it is determined that it will significantly hinder the business of FANCL Group. If you wish to revise or delete personal information that you have registered with us, please contact FANCL Group and we will respond accordingly.
Representative Director, President and CEO Kazuyuki Shimada
For inquiries regarding the handling of personal information
FANCL Help Desk (toll-free): 0120-34-2222