1. Measures to address climate change and reduction in CO2 emissions
FANCL considers measures to address climate change and reduction in CO2 emissions to be top priority environmental issues, and aims to contribute to a carbon-free society.
- We will enhance the efficiency in the use of energy required for corporate activities and strive to save energy.
- We will utilize renewable energy by installing solar panels and switching power sources.
- Through partnerships with customers and business partners, we will reduce CO2 emissions throughout the entire supply chain.
- We strive to design products and services that are gentle on people, high in safety, and have a low impact on the environment and ecosystems.
2. Reduction of plastic use
In response to the marine plastics issue, we are committed to reducing the amount of plastic used in containers, etc.
From the perspective of the 4Rs, we will work to reduce plastic used in our products and services.
3. Sustainable procurement
We aim for sustainable procurement, building relationships of coexistence and co-prosperity with our business partners in consideration of the environment, human rights, and labor issues, etc.
- Sustainable procurement will be conducted with business partners in accordance with the “FANCL Group Sustainable Procurement Policy.”
- Along with members who support RSPO and JaSPON, we are committed to the procurement and consumption of sustainable palm oil.
- 1 Joined the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil in 2018
- 2 Participated in the Japan Sustainable Palm Oil Network in 2019
4. Reduction of resource circulation and waste
In order to make effective use of limited resources, we are committed to improving the rate of resource recycling and reducing waste.
5. Compliance with environmental laws and regulations
We comply with laws, regulations, and voluntary standards related to the environment, striving to prevent the emission of substances that have a negative impact on the environment and preventing pollution.
FANCL is aligned with international agreements and the policies and measures of the national and local governments, working in partnership to resolve environmental issues.
6. Environmental education and awareness
Each and every employee understands the importance of conserving the environment and ecosystems, and engages in environmental activities at work and at home.
In addition, we are committed to actively disseminating environmental information, expanding the circle of environmental activism with customers and the community.
7. Maintenance of the environmental management system
In order to maintain the environmental management system, we will set environmental goals and take strategic action.
ISO internal audit will be conducted to voluntarily review the contents of activities.
Thus, we are committed to continuous improvement.
April 1, 2022
Representative Director & CEO